Monday, June 29, 2009

27 Weeks

How your baby's growing:
This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.


Ever since last Wednesday, she has been moving like crazy. Pretty late at night too. I think she is gonna be a night owl like her daddy. She's definitely not active in the morning. But does she even know when morning and night are? I don't know, either way, she likes to be up late.
The other day it was the strangest thing. I felt her moving, so I had my hand on my stomach, cause I like feeling it from the outside too. Then it was like she pushed her foot outward and just moved it along the inside of my stomach. It's a little hard to describe, but it was probably the most distinct movement I've felt from her. It was like giant worms were crawling under my skin or something.
In one way, it was awesome. But in another way, it was sort of creepy.


Brandon and I bought a dehumidifier today and it makes our apartment feel so much better. Don't get wrong, we love this place, but every time we get dressed, our clothes feel wet. Or when we get in bed, the sheets feel wet. There's been mold on the trash can lid and occasionally it's been hard to breathe. There is just so much humidity in here. So we sprung for a dehumidifer. I've had it on for less than 9 hours and already had to empty the 25 pint bucket. It was completely full of water. When I turned it on, it said our apartment had 80% humidity. I'm pretty sure that's a lot, especially for being inside.
But now it's down to 50% and feels so much better.


I don't have a picture of me tonight. I forgot to take one last night, and Brandon is still at work as of now, so I will try to get him to take one either when he gets home or in the morning and edit this later. So as a substitute, you get to see approximately what Amy looks like now (even in 3D!)

No comments:

Post a Comment