Monday, June 8, 2009

24 Weeks

How your baby's growing:

Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts her at just over a pound. Since she's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), she cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but her body is filling out proportionally and she'll soon start to plump up. Her brain is also growing quickly now, and her taste buds are continuing to develop. Her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help herair sacs inflate once she hits the outside world. Her skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.



Sorry for the lack of a post last week, we've been pretty busy moving and getting the new apartment set up.  It's really nice though, we like it a lot. An all around better place to live. We finally got all our furniture put together and set up, only 2-3 more small boxes to unpack (once I figure out somewhere to put it all), and a few things to fix up (changing light bulbs, doorknobs, etc.)  Once we get it all done, I'll post some pictures.

As for baby, I think I can finally feel her move. I say I think because it's a strange feeling, doesn't quite feel like I thought it would, but I don't know what else it could be. She tends to be most active after I eat. I think she's gonna like food as much as her mom, poor girl  :)
Speaking of food, I've been doing much better since we moved. Basically just started eating less fattening food (no junk food), and I've been walking a lot going to stores and stuff. I've lost about 3 pounds in the last week, so it's nice. I generally feel a lot better lately. And now my doctor might not get mad at me at my next appointment, haha. 

Other than growing out of all of my clothes, things have been going really well lately.  Here is my latest picture, in our new bedroom next to our awesome bed!  I love our bed. I don't think I've ever had as comfortable a mattress as this one. And we splurged on nice sheets and a down comforter, I love it!!



2 comments:

  1. Have the baby and move back home already. Okay thanks. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the room and you look wonderful! I can't wait to come up and visit you guys in August! I'm so happy you're so close!

    ReplyDelete