Monday, July 13, 2009

29 Weeks

How your baby's growing:

Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. Her muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and her head is growing bigger to make room for her developing brain. To meet her increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because her bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

Baby big head seems to be growing pretty quick. I'm definitely getting fatter by the day. And since she squirms more than she kicks now, I'm pretty sure she is starting to run out of room in there.
Every time I feel her move when Brandon is home, I try to get him to feel it, but when he puts his hand on my stomach, she stops. It's kinda funny. If Daddy is gonna have this kind of calming effect on her, I know who's gonna be waking up at night! :)

I can't believe how swollen my hands and feet get. I didn't think that was supposed to come until later. I had to buy new shoes last week because my tennis shoes are just too tight now. I always thought the croc-style shoes were really ugly, but they were the only thing I could find that was wide enough (that wasn't flip-flops), so I had to get them. And even those are sometimes tight on me.

I don't have a picture today because I forgot to get Brandon to take one last night, but I will try to get it up soon.
Speaking of pictures though, two people so far have told me I haven't been posting pictures (though I have), so I am wondering if they are just not showing up. Do they not show up for anyone else?

4 comments:

  1. Hey Kristen, this is Jamie-- I secretly read your blog ;)
    Just chiming in to say your pics show up for me, and I enjoy reading about your and Brandon and Amy's journey :)
    Looking forward to your baby shower--I'm working diligently on a gift! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always see your pictures, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see your adorable pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see your pics, as for the hands and feet swelling think lots of water, werid I know but it helps flush out your system. I love reading your blog it helps with baby withdraws. Also you are very adorable pregnant. Take care.

    ReplyDelete