Tuesday, July 14, 2009

29 Weeks pt 2

Thank you to everyone who replied to my last post, it's good to know that the pictures are working for at least most people. Maybe they just weren't loading properly on those two people's computers. Hopefully this one works.

Also, thank you for the the nice compliments :)
It's good to know that people read this, even when it's in secret :P



By the way, wanna hear a funny story? When we first got this apartment last month and had to buy new furniture, we got a futon from Ikea. It was pretty much the cheapest one they had (the only one they had in stock). Well they delivered it and I put it together while Brandon was at work. I was kind of proud of myself. Then every time we sat on it, the boards on the bottom that hold the mattress kept falling out of the frame. It felt like the cheapest, flimsiest couch we'd ever sat on. I didn't like Ikea at that point. So I did stuff like got ribbon and rope to reinforce the boards, and when some of those started breaking, I used duct tape. As you can imagine, the frame of our futon looks a little strange. So the other day we went back to Ikea to look at computer desks and we took a look at our futon on display in the show room. Turns out I put it together wrong and the boards are supposed to go on top of the frame, not on the bottom. We came home and fixed it and now our futon is so much better. It's sturdy, higher up and just all around more comfortable. I really couldn't stop laughing when we saw the one at the store. Moral of the story, don't let me put together furniture alone :)

PS. I did read the instructions. But there were only pictures, no words. And in the picture, you couldn't tell which way it was supposed to go. Or at least, I couldn't. I thought I was doing it right.

3 comments:

  1. You could have just read the instructions :)

    Don't worry, I am not allowed to touch the furniture either. And Mat isn't allowed to get directions anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Amy on the last post, you're adorable when pregnant. I think you guys need to give me more nieces/nephews ;) ;) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey its all good i put a dresser/changing table together for hunter needless to say dont let me put stuff together either everytime i pulled a drawer out it would split apart so now we hav a dresser from ikea and david did it and it work great lol
    Love ya
    Court

    ReplyDelete