Tuesday, May 26, 2009

22 Weeks

How your baby's growing:

At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. Her lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and she's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath her gums. Her eyes have formed, but her irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on her skin, which she'll sport until she adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside her belly, her pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.





It's like this website I get the e-mails and pictures from knows me so well. The 'baby brain' is real. Haha. It sounds like a myth, or a copout, but this baby is really stealing all my brain cells. I forget so much, it's unbelievable. And I am definitely more clumsy than before. I drop stuff or trip all the time. I don't know what's wrong with me other than I am losing brain cells by the millions...
And just one example of this is that I had Brandon take some pictures of me so I could post one here for all to see, only to realize just now that there was not a memory card in the camera. So of course, none of the pictures were saved. 


Doctors appointment last week went pretty well, excpet for her telling me I've gained too much weight  :X
I really gotta learn to eat healthy. And not buy junk food. It's so hard though. Especially since I have never eaten healthy my entire life, at least not that I can remember. We still have junk food here, so after we move, I'm just gonna try hard not to buy any bad stuff. Cross your fingers for me!

3 comments:

  1. You don't look like you have gained that much weight!!!!!! Grrr!!!! I hate when doctors tell me I am too fat. But from your last picture, you look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend (who just had twins) was telling me all about the "baby brain" phenomenon. I'm glad to hear you haven't killed yourself yet!

    Also, although I know you're not a vegetarian, if you subscribe to the email list on vegetariantimes.com, they send you healthy recipes and you can always add chicken to anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lay off anything white, not totally but mostly...white bread (well, any that starts with "enriched" in the ingredients), sugar (and that's not easy), rice, pasta & potatoes. All of your favorites. I eat alot of stir-fry vegies and mix chicken with it. Get a package of boneless skinless chicken breast and cut them into squares, cook them in a covered pan in the oven with your favorite spices and chicken broth. put them in baggies and pull out what you want to add to the vegies. I've lost 39 pounds in the past 5 months. And drink about 64 ounces of water a day (1/2 gallon). You'll do good. Hard to get started but easy to keep up. I got a bag of whote chocolate chips and I eat 2-3 a day and that satisfies me without as many carbs as other junk food.

    ReplyDelete