Wednesday, April 15, 2009

16 weeks

Sorry this a couple days late, but better late than never, right?



How your baby's growing:

Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.


'

4 months down, only 5 to go. Though I guess the first month doesn't really count considering I had no idea I was pregnant, haha.

Feeling pretty good lately. Headaches have lessened, a lot, which is great. Nausea still comes and goes occasionally, but it's not too bad. And now I start to feel more cramp-type pains in my stomach, which I assume is just everything growing and shifting down there. The tiny bump is getting a little bigger and more defined, so it's cool to be able to feel now exactly where the baby is. I'm also starting to get more of my energy back. I still feel lazy often, but I'm not as tired as I was before. Laying down and staring at wall is usually boring now, rather than awesome  :)

2 comments:

  1. Off eff that. I love laying down and staring at the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, the description makes him sound like pangea. It's like all his body parts are slowly moving into place from various other parts. I can totally imagine his eyes, which are now moving toward the front of his face, having started their journey at his foot.

    ReplyDelete