Thursday, October 1, 2009

She's here! Amy Lorile Morris. Full Story.


So Monday afternoon around 3, I stood up and my water broke. Not what I was expecting to happen. Especially since it was actually my due date :)
We got to the hospital around 5 and got all checked in. Everything went really well. They gave me some medicine to lengthen the contractions (I was apparently not in enough pain as is.) I tried to be brave and hold out on the epidural so I didn't look like a wimp. I didn't ask for it until I didn't think I could handle it anymore. But then by the time I got it... wow. I will never understand how women can do that without any drugs. I couldn't even sit on the toilet to pee. So I finally got the epidural. And once the nurse on the next shift showed me that I could have more anytime I wanted just with the press of a button, I couldn't have been happier. I laughed at those monitors telling me when it was supposed to hurt ;)
So from there on out, it was just a waiting game. At about 5:30 the next morning, the nurse decided it was time for me to push. So I started. Slowly. Her and her big head came out at 6:22. After she pooped all over me, the nurse weighed her at 9 pounds, 10 ounces. But said she would have been about 2-3 ounces more with all that meconium. She'd been storing up! Once she got to the nursery, they measured her at 20 1/2 inches.
While at the hospital, we were all doing well. Me and Brandon mostly just wanted sleep, and she was very gracious about that :)
She passed all her tests with flying colors. And she even slept through the entire first night, even though I found out the next morning that I was supposed to wake her up a few times to eat. Oops. I think she knew how tired Mommy and Daddy were. She probably was as well, it was a pretty busy day for her.We left the hospital yesterday afternoon and are now at home. We're still learning the ins and outs of eating and sleeping and all that, but we'll get the hang of it soon. She's been very good so far though. Keep it up Amy!


Here are the pictures we've taken so far. I'm sure there will be many more to come!
I personally don't think she looks like either one of us. Where did that dark skin and hair come from?? Haha. I'm sure her appearance will change, it's just funny seeing her now. I, of course, think she's beautiful, just not what I was expecting her to look like :)


3 comments:

  1. You are amazing pushing her out I couldn't get my Brandon out he was 9lbs 8oz. She is beautiful, glad to hear that all 3 of you are doing well. Hopefuly we can see you guys when you come down. Good luck on being a awesome mommy that you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! We can't wait to meet her, although who knows when we will! Glad everyone is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great story! You know...that's what i forgot to ask you over the phone..how it went!!! Thanks for posting the details, including the "pooping all over you"..Amy and Ali seem to be very much alike i that manner.. :-)

    ReplyDelete