Thursday, August 5, 2010

Just a few new pictures and a little selfishness

I want to keep up with this more. I may not have a lot to say, but I usually take a picture or two every now and then, so there might just be some posts with only pictures.


Peanut Butter Face

Would be cuter if it wasn't blurry

Big smile!


And I know I always post on here about Amy, but I'm gonna go a little off topic now.
Brandon has 2 months left of his parental leave that he never used, and has decided to use it now. His project at work is finishing up, so it's the perfect time (also considering that he only has 2 months left to take it).
I've decided to use this time to try and get in a little better shape. I've been hearing about people doing the c25k program (couch to 5k), and I've decided to do it myself. Basically, it's a 9 week running program that is supposed to get anyone from the couch to be able to run a 5k. Sounds tough, I know. It starts out slow though, just walking and jogging and slowly builds up to running. With Brandon home to watch Amy, it's the perfect time.
I'm both a little excited and a little nervous to do it. I want to get back in shape, but I've never been a runner.
Lately I have just constantly felt tired and worn out, after doing something simple like walking 15 minutes to the grocery store. So it's time for a change. I want to feel better, I want more energy. And I wouldn't mind fitting into my old jeans again :)

Melissa is currently on week 6 of the program and says it's going pretty well for her, so if all goes well for me, maybe we'll be running a Thanksgiving race in New York! That would be something I never imagined myself doing, but I know I would be super proud if I could do it.

So, I start Monday! Pray that I don't die in the next 9 weeks!

1 comment:

  1. There is NOTHING selfish about taking time for yourself like this. A happy baby needs a happy mommy!!!

    ReplyDelete