Monday, September 7, 2009

37 Weeks

How your baby's growing:

Congratulations — your baby is full term! This means that if your baby arrives now, her lungs should be fully mature and ready to adjust to life outside the womb, even though your due date is still three weeks away.

Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (
like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.



Late post tonight because my computer does not work so well anymore. So I have to make this a short one before it shuts down again.

37 weeks. Full term. I wish that meant she would be coming soon. But I'm pretty sure I'm in this for a few more weeks. I feel more pregnant every day, from the stomach pressure to the aches and pains. I walk slower. I get out of bed slower (all 5 times a night). And I just generally feel uncomfortable.
The light at the end of the tunnel? It's gotta end sometime. And at least I'll have something to show for it :)

We're almost completely prepared (stuff-wise). I have to go back to the store to get a couple of small things tomorrow, and then we'll have everything we think we'll need. I have all her clothes put away, furniture set up, and even have the toys in a basket. Our apartment looks more cramped than ever, (we currently have the stroller in the bathroom because that's the only place we have room for it), but it works. Everything has it's own spot. And even though it probably won't stay like this for long, it makes me feel organized for now.

1 comment: